Tuesday, February 05, 2008

My AP English Class

Can I just say that I am absolutely, completely, head-over-heels-in-love with the AP English class I am teaching right now? I love them. No really. They want to learn, appreciate my sarcasm (I think--maybe they are just pacifying me), and--get this-they hand in homework. No shit.

My second semester is already WAY better than my first and I no longer contemplate whether or not I made the right decision to come back to teaching. If I could teach my AP English class forever, I would. I love them so much I want to take them home with me at night so we can talk about poetry and iambic pentameter and figurative language.
Next week I'm introducing them to Chaucer. THAT is exciting.

In knitting news, I also love my swift and have a strange desire to wind ever single skein of yarn that I own. Very enamored. AND third pair of socks (for me this time! Whoo-hoo!) is well underway--sort of. More than the cuff is done, so that is good, yes?

Life is pretty darn good right now :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wifey -I'm so glad this emester is going better then the first. I so proud of you for sticking with it, and i think it will only get easier! Mow!